Tribute to Dr. Augustin Charles
The Choiseul Co-operative Credit Union Ltd mourns the passing of a valued member/owner and servant in the person of Dr. Augustin Charles affectionately known by members as “BOLO”.
He became a member/owner of the Credit Union on February 20, 1978 and served as President from 1984-1985, 2002-2005. He also served in various capacities on the Supervisory and Credit Committees.
During his tenure as an officer, he was very instrumental along with support from the other directors and officers in the designing and implementation of key policies and procedure manuals which include the following:
- Choiseul Credit Union limited bye-laws
- Choiseul Credit Union website
- Regulations in conjunction with the legal advisor on mortgage loans
- Introducing the use of technology in the daily operations executed principally by staff
- Decentralizing the venues for the Annual General Meetings
He also was instrumental in encouraging quality leadership on the Boards through the use of teachers to serve.
Dr. Charles' legacy will live on as he served with distinction and commitment.
RIP KING BOLO
Thank you! Your submission has been received!
Oops! Something went wrong while submitting the form
#15 Bridge Street, Soufriere, | Tel. (758) 459 3100 | Fax. (758) 459 3116